Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Of streamers, digital output and clock
Guys,

I have a conundrum I’d like to discuss with you.
This is my situation:
- Node 2i accessing a music library and Amazon Music 
- Digital SPDIF coax into an Expert 120

Using the coax input on my Devialet, I cannot keep the two RCA connectors free to take advantage of the preamp output board, which is installed in my machine. In the future I might consider to use it to hook a headphone amplifier (despite this is not a pressing urgency…) so entering the Devialet via a more modern input would be attractive.
Also, I’m bugged by the fact that the digital signal leaving the Node might leave a margin of improvement in terms of clock.

What cost effective options could I consider to continue to be able to stream Amazon music and free that RCA input?
- the Innuos Zen Mini Mk3 can output via Ethernet and USB, has a very well regarded software but cannot stream Amazon as far as I know 
- the new Node would keep my same ecosystem, but I read negative comments on the quality of the USB output. Also I’m a bit annoyed at Bluesound since they refused to firmware update the 2i to allow USB audio output
- iFi Stream would be very affordable but no Amazon at the Horizon 

Would a SPDIF to USB interface such as a Mutec MC 1.1 or 1.2 allow me to enter the Devialet through a USB-B to USB-B cable? Or is that output usable only with a computer?
If it worked, would the Mutec perform a reclocking of the digital signal with a positive impact? Or would that be irrelevant (or maybe even detrimental) because outputting via USB makes the clock only dependent on the DAC’s clock?
Should I just be content with what I have, since I like the performance overall?

Thanks for your comments!

Messages In This Thread
Of streamers, digital output and clock - by docvale - 18-Feb-2022, 02:34