Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sent in a D-Premier for updating to 250 Pro
After listening to the improvement in audio quality with the Expert Pro 220 over the 200, along with the various streaming options,  decided to send in my D-Premier back to Devialet for upgrade to the 250 Pro.   Although it is a bit pricey,  compared to getting a 250 Pro,  updating the D-Premier seemed like a much better option.  A new five year warranty also helps.  The only weird thing is this D-Premier is white vs chrome.  The removable plate has D-Premier painted on it. 

Been very impressed with the process of sending the unit back.  Devialet has been very good to work with.  Even if you no longer have the original shipping containers,  they will provide the required shipping  cartons.  

Here's something I've noticed with single vs dual Expert use.  When I had speakers that had efficiency in the mid 80s,  dual expert use definitely makes a difference.  My current reference speakers are 90 db/w,  and using dual expert configuration does not seem to make any noticeable audible difference.  I'm referring to dual D-Premier,  and D-400.  In actuality,  it seems that sometimes the sound was subjectivly better with the D-Premier in single vs dual with the 90db/w speakers.
1, ATC SCM 40 V2 speakers,  SVS PC4000 subwoofer,  Devialet Expert Pro 1000, ,  Ultrasone Edition 15, Ultrasone Edition 15 Veritas,  ,Chord Hugo TT, Magnetar UBR-800, GeerFab DBoB, OTL Headphone amp

2. Dynaudio Focus 360 , Devialet Expert Pro 220, Reavon UBR X-110, GeerFab DBoB

Messages In This Thread
Sent in a D-Premier for updating to 250 Pro - by Redwingnine - 09-Mar-2022, 19:10