Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Default format setting in Devialet Air
(19-Feb-2015, 15:52)Stigmater Wrote:
(19-Feb-2015, 14:29)Jean-Marie Wrote: if your source is higher sampling rate or wider bits than 44/16 (for instance 96/24) it will adapt itself to 44/16 and if you open the audio/midi application while it is playing such a high res file you will see the formats changed accordingly. if you maintain the source button pressed on your remote the Devialet will also display 96KHz.

Performed a little testing with hi res files 24bit 96/192kHz , you right regarding the sample rates, it can be seen in MIDI and in Devialet screen but in MiDI i still see 16bit and Devialet screen only shows sample rate so no indication for bits. 

Any thoughts ?
If you like experimenting, I would take a file and using a tool like XLD or Audacity I would create a 16 bits and a 24 bits version of it.

I would play one after the other while monitoring from activity monitor the network bandwidth being sent.

24 bits version should exhibit a 50% increase of network bandwidth over 16 bits.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France

Messages In This Thread
RE: Default format setting in Devialet Air - by Jean-Marie - 19-Feb-2015, 20:58