Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does External Streamer Offer Sonic Improvements?
Hi David A, and Snoopy8

Happy Friday (at least here in the USA)

Please forgive the late response.

Thanks so much to you both for the great information in your replies., Your extensive guidance is well described and very much appreciated. Looks like you both have nice systems. David I love the Focal speakers too. To the matter at hand;

I am not overly concerned with minimalism, although a tidy implementation is important. So any external streaming chassis can be placed up to 6ft - 10ft from the Expert Pro and does not have to be out of sight.

David your point on the app is appreciated and makes sense. The interface of Qobuz is decent enough, but with respect to some functions it is a little difficult to navigate seamlessy. Also annoying is the fact that when searching albums for a particular artist, it does not organize those albums to show clearly the earliest albums through to the latest. If one wants to know when a particular album was released, and that album was re-mastered and re-released, it will not show the date of original release. Things like this are a little annoying, but overall the app is not too bad at all. Its worth it, because to these ears Qobuz is the sound quality champ.

Interface control device: I guess the mobile devices such as my iPAD or iPhone are fine, but are they limiting audio performance? Would I be better off with a box and monitor solution such as a dedicated audio-only iMAC for example?

The input for streaming is USB or I guess it could be SPDIF coax or optical. Any of these is acceptable to me. My primary concern is which of these will yield superior sound quality.

The point on external power supply is taken and i have seen options for that from W4S. With respect to Uptone Etheregen, isn’t the Recovery doing the same thing? With respect to an external switch, will that provide better sound than just running from the router?

Which raises the question; does a hardwire ethernet connection from the router to the Expert Pro and to an external streamer such as a dedicated iMAC, aurender, innuos, etc offer better sound quality potential than wifi?

Thanks again guys

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does External Streamer Offer Sonic Improvements? - by AdamEOS - 01-Apr-2022, 19:42