Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does External Streamer Offer Sonic Improvements?
Salut @AdamEOS
Just a short post to offer my own experience on the streamer side of things. I started with an ordinary Sonos:Connect. I upgraded that to a W4S modified unit, and the improvement was very good. Not a slap-in-the-face sort of thing, but comfortably apparent. Adding Nordost Purple Flare power cords to the W4S modded Connect gave another improvement. More modest but still immediately apparent. The changes were all the usual things; sounds seemed more relaxed, and less metallic. A bit of space and breath. The W4S Connect has the same reclocker that you are using,  I think.

Because we had functionality issues, I replaced the Sonos Connect and Amp with a NAD M32 integrated, which I use as a streamer. So,it is not the Node, but apparently the internal BluOS streamer part is the same. It definitely sounds better than the modified Connect.

So, I would say, from my situation, that the streamer does make a difference. I couldn't say where the improvement vs. cost curve dips the wrong way, but I agree with you that the D220 does show the input quality without flattery.

I'm only partly addressing your questions, and I know that I'm not helping with the iPad/ iPhone or computer source issue either. I suspect the reclocker is an excellent and necessary item to have, given the rest of your system.

BTW, we use Deezer, streaming their CD / Flac quality, and I go from the coax out on the NAD to the Devialet. I think the NAD is hardwired with Ethernet to the house interwebs.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does External Streamer Offer Sonic Improvements? - by Damon - 01-Apr-2022, 22:49