Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does External Streamer Offer Sonic Improvements?
Hi David and Damon,

David, thanks again for the guidance. I very much enjoyed reading the account of your journey. You’ve learned a lot along the way. Your points are very sound, especially regarding how well an approach is implemented being key to a great outcome. My guess is your hifi system sounds great.

Looking at your signature I see the Roon Nucleus +. Seems like a powerhouse indeed. That Uptone solution is phenomenal and i may pursue that when funds permit.

I’ve noted recently, that I like the sound of Air, which I understand it is bit-perfect, as opposed to Airplay, which is not? The limitation of these formats, are they cannot stream hi-res. I do wish Air was functional on iOS devices such as my iPad or iPhone. Not to say that Airplay sounds bad, not at all. Given the ‘minimalist’ concept behind the Expert Pro, the solution that is in keeping with that philosophy, is wireless streaming. Ideally, one has a clean bit-perfect digital stream running to the Expert Pro via a wireless signal. The digital signal is re-clocked, up-sampled - what have you - then converted to analogue, where a pair of speaker cables drives the speakers. Thats about as minimalist as it gets, short of having the DAC processing and amplification built into the speakers themselves.

Damon, thanks much for the insight. The BluSound Node 2 sounds intriguing, because it offers good value performance vs cost. I’ve not heard Deezer, but it must sound good if it streams true CD / Flac quality. This is my beef with the new Apple Music, it’s supposed to be uncompressed, but turns out that is false. Same with Tidal I believe. Just not a fan of Tidal at all.

You mentioned coax into the NAD. You might check the re-clocking device from W4S for coax. Highly rated it would seem.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does External Streamer Offer Sonic Improvements? - by AdamEOS - 03-Apr-2022, 22:20