Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom 108DB Ethernet Link Speed
Hi @Laura

Yes, I thought the cables supplied with the Tree stands would likely be inferior quality. So I pulled out the black Toslink and Ethernet blocks in the bottom of the stands so that a full length can pass through each and go direct into the Phantom.
It actually makes fitting easier too because the longer length of cable can be passed through the Tree and I fit the cable to Phantom off the Tree then get someone to pull the cables as I position the Phantom on the Tree top.

As I mentioned earlier you just need to be careful how thick the cables are and how big the connectors are so they sit in the Phantom and then pass down the tree stand and fit through the block holes. I am using Audioquest cable elsewhere in my system but these would not fit into Phantom so I am using Supra 8 cable. Good compromise all in all.

If Devialet fix the Wi-Fi issue in a later software release I will remove the Ethernet cables so there are less cables everywhere. One reason for going the Phantom route was to rid myself of so many cables in a traditional hifi setup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Messages In This Thread
Phantom 108DB Ethernet Link Speed - by Laura - 23-Apr-2022, 19:50
RE: Phantom 108DB Ethernet Link Speed - by ogs - 24-Apr-2022, 10:26
Phantom 108DB Ethernet Link Speed - by steve_denney - 25-Apr-2022, 14:07