Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Repair Program
I am personally beyond impressed with the customer service for a repair. I purchased my Phantom Gold's used, and got a great price on them for the main reason that both had visual damage to the cones. One is less visual and so I can live with it, the other had a bigger dent, plus the previous owner said there was a rattle coming from one side, so he tried to glue the cap to hold it in place and the glue job was terrible, with glue running down the side too. The woofers themselves play fine.

I contacted Devialet, and with a case opened, they asked for multiple pics of the each side, bottom and front. I also informed them that the tweeter had some cracks on it, and while it sounded fine at most volumes, it became distressed at much higher volumes. 

So the quote was to keep the woofers but replace both aluminum caps as well as replace the tweeter, they will also check the WiFi radio as I did have some occasional audio dropouts so wanted to ensure the WiFi radio was fine while on the test bench.

Quote was $850CAD, which I thought was fair, considering that probably $100 CAD was to cover UPS shipping back and forth between Canada and France. The custom shipping box, shaped internally like the phantom, arrived within 5 business days, and UPS sent me pre-filled labels (3 copies) which I needed to sign and attach to the shipping box. Off it went to Devialet, a few days later I got a confirmation email stating that the Phantom arrived at their shop, and would be repaired, tested, and re-shipped within a 10 day period. 

Sure, I could have instead jumped on the trade-in program, but that would mean $2100 CAD per Phantom, and based on my initial investment (landing them used for $1300 & $1800), I was not ready to blow another $4200CAD to upgrade, when all I needed was some cosmetic repair and a tweeter on one.

So overall, very pleased with their service, and I love their marketing images and slogans when they send out notification emails on the repair or shipping status, quite genius I must say. 

As I wait for my repair to be completed, I will probably upgrade my remote to the new one too, as the old one, while slick, is guess work in terms of volume, and does not do more than that. Need to always open the app to see what volume level the system is playing at. The new remote is slick with the display built-in, plus transport control. So told Devialet to ship the new Remote 2 back with my Phantom Gold once the repair is completed.

Messages In This Thread
Devialet Repair Program - by struts - 19-May-2022, 08:48
RE: Devialet Repair Program - by ragwo - 19-May-2022, 14:06
RE: Devialet Repair Program - by ogs - 19-May-2022, 21:22
RE: Devialet Repair Program - by Laura - 20-May-2022, 20:03
RE: Devialet Repair Program - by struts - 21-May-2022, 12:42
RE: Devialet Repair Program - by Laura - 25-May-2022, 17:34
RE: Devialet Repair Program - by bpo - 25-May-2022, 17:54
RE: Devialet Repair Program - by Neils - 29-May-2022, 16:36