Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Searching for more trebles
Thank you both for your suggestions.
I have read the audiosciencereview thread entirely. I did not understanded entirely - it's too technical for my current level (but I want to learn) but I've read that someone there had the Phantoms at 1-2 feets from the wall and it had more bass because of that. Mine are 10 cms from the wall, so ...

From my phone (via bluetooth, and not even a very good bluetooth - because on Samsung S20 I only have SBC and AAC audio codec, so no aptX or LDAC) I use Poweramp Equalizer and I have found some settings for compression that I really like for late night listening ... it's like I have different speakers - they come alive with mids and highs (printscreen attached).
I do not want more, I think they sound perfect in my space, I really enjoy them and can't wait to be home to listen some more every evening (volume 30 - 35, something like this).

As I said, my problem is when I feed them from the TV via optical.

Dirac is waay more expensive than my budget.
When I've done my searches prior to this thread I had found something cheaper that might do the trick for me :
Fosi Audio at 67 $
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VDQQY95/ref...merReviews
but this is a dac + eq ... and the dac part I think is inferior to Phantoms dac and will mess up the sound
- or a more expensive and hifi solution (just the eq without the dac ... and also a respected name in hifi) - at about 200 eur - Schiit Loki Mini - with 4 band tone control
https://www.schiit-europe.com/product/lo...control-2/

Not yet decided ...

Messages In This Thread
Searching for more trebles - by marius23mvp - 19-May-2022, 12:33
RE: Searching for more trebles - by ogs - 19-May-2022, 20:14
RE: Searching for more trebles - by Snoopy8 - 20-May-2022, 10:36
RE: Searching for more trebles - by marius23mvp - 20-May-2022, 13:27
RE: Searching for more trebles - by ogs - 20-May-2022, 15:19
RE: Searching for more trebles - by Snoopy8 - 20-May-2022, 23:12