Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
250 Expert to 250 Expert Pro – Is It Worth It?
I have a 250 Expert (upgraded from a D-Premier in 2014) which has developed a fault requiring it to be shipped back to France (from Australia) for repair – free of cost. Great service from Devialet!

Instead of the repair I have the option of upgrading the 250 to a 250 Pro at a cost of AU$6,780.

Previously I have been most pleased with the sound of my system, especially since I obtained a dCS Network Bridge for streaming from my NAS and for streaming Tidal. The dCS NB is connected to the 250 via Audioquest AES/EBU. In addition, renovations to our house to improve thermal performance (under floor insulation, 120 mm thick external wood fibre insulation, tightly closing triple-glazed windows and doors) have unexpectedly improved sound quality markedly – proof that the room makes a big difference! If I didn't have to ship the 250 back to France for repair I would probably not consider the upgrade from the 250 to a 250 Pro... but now I'm wondering. I know the Pro has additional connection options and is Roon ready but I'm not sure these would be any better then my dCS Network Bridge via AES.

Is upgrading to the 250 Pro worth it in respect of sound quality?

Past posts on this site have suggested sound quality is improved but I'm wondering just by how much?
Devialet 250 - Martin Logan Ascent i - Clearaudio Champion 2 - Kuzma 4Point - Clearaudio Stradivari V2 MC - Graham Slee Elevator
dCS Network Bridge - UpTone Audio EtherRegen – Esoteric DV-60 - PS Audio Power Plant 10
AUSTRALIA

Messages In This Thread
250 Expert to 250 Expert Pro – Is It Worth It? - by Leigh Hibbins - 20-Jul-2022, 06:46