Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dione + phantom golds + airplay 2: a recipe for magic live concert set up
(05-Oct-2022, 02:03)eniriop Wrote: This is my recipe for those who like to be teleported aurally to a live concert.
I bought the phantom golds to listen to music, and the Dione to watch movies.
However, i have found that now when I listen to streamed music on spotify or Apple Music I prefer to listen through both: Dione soundbar + Phantom golds on each side, using airplay 2 multiroom set up. 
I found that adding the soundbar gives me a more relaxed,  effortless listening environment. The voices are more "there", the soundstage is deeper when listening to good recordings of live concerts, especially when the Dione is set to "spatial" mode. It also sounds quicker, especially in the bass department: a bit like listening to omnidirectional electrostatic panels. I set both the Gold phantoms and Dione to the same volume level (around 50).

I suggest 3 live concerts you can find on Apple Music:
Laurent Voulzy Le concert du mont St Michel (lots of gorgeous echo in this well known cathedral, look for the pipe band coming in the church playing "amazing grace": a great aural moment). Also available on DVD (even better).
Melody Gardot: Live in Europe
Michael Franks with Crossfire live

This setup must sound great!
I'm so disappointed that I cant listen to my Dione and 2 reactors together.
I don't have iPhone so no airplay.
Devialet if your listening please make a propper update!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dione + phantom golds + airplay 2: a recipe for magic live concert set up - by patw - 15-Nov-2022, 20:24