Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom II questions: midrange and Bluesound Input
My suggestion would be to stick with the 98's. I've had 95s - and used Devialet's upgrade program to get 98's and Phantom 108's. I find them better equipped at filling the room with mid and bass at lower volumes, while I had to push the 95's a bit harder to feel satisfied.

I originally thought the tweeters in the 98's use upgraded materials than the 95s - but I'm wrong. It's the Phantom I's that use different tweeter materials between the 103s and the 108s.

As for your questions:
• I don't use Bluesound, but I can't think of why they wouldn't work. That said, if you're streaming and using the app on your phone/tablet, I'd be tempted to just use AirPlay and skip the Bluesound?
• Midrange is decent, for sure, for a 2 way speaker. They do have rudimentary EQ in the Devialet app, and something like Roon would give you more control. I use Roon with Tidal, though I wish they'd implement Apple Music so I can drop a subscription.
• I don't have enough experience with other speakers to be helpful, but the KEF LSII's and a sub would be good competition.
• Space wise, the area needed for the speaker on a stand is pretty close between the Phantom I and Phantom II, as the legs on the latter are longer (the tweeters sit at about the same height when on stands). The Devialet stands are well made and look good, and for me they were worth the (significant) cost. That said, they will occupy a bit more floorspace than the ones in your photo. You can wall mount the Phantom II's as well.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phantom II questions: midrange and Bluesound Input - by Charcharius - 29-Nov-2022, 17:17