Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Excited New Devialet 200 Owner
Hi to all,

I ordered a Devialet 200 to replace my stereo pre-amp, 2-channel power amp and external DAC.

The Devialet was recommended by a friend and when I read all the great reviews, I decided to audition one.  So last Saturday morning, I did just that and I must admit that I was completely blown away!  The unit plays as lovely as it looks and when the music demands it, it has real "balls" for such a low-profile integrated pre-amp.  After listening to it for about 1.5 hours, I ordered one for my setup.  I'm expecting the Devialet to arrive by end-of-week (very exciting).

As a newbie to the Devialet 200, I have some initial questions that I was hoping you could help me with.  Huh

Q1. I have a Rega RP10 turntable fitted with the Rega Apheta 2 moving-coil cartridge.  Rega recommends the following settings and I wanted to know what settings to use on the Devialet to match Rega's recommendation?

MC Loading Resistance = 100 Ω
MC Loading Capacitance = 1000pF
MC Gain = 69.3dB

Q2. When I was auditioning the Devialet 200 in store, I would keep losing connection to the unit via the store's Android Tablet (Devialet Remote app).  The sales rep blamed the various WI-FI networks and WI-FI enabled components within the store.  Have you found WI-FI to be reliable with the Devialet 200 (please note that I will be using an Apple iPad Mini)?

Q3. How good is the power cord that comes with the Devialet 200 and if you've replaced yours, what did you replace it with?

Q4. Is it possible to stream FLAC music files to the Devialet 200, over a wired network, from a NAS running Windows Home Server?

Q5. Looking at the enclosed pic of my possible Devialet 200 configuration, should I connect my Bryston BCD-1 CD player via Digital Coax or Toslink Optical since my Bryston BDP-2 digital streamer will connect via AES/EBU?

Thanking you in advance for your patience with me and for your answers!  Big Grin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Another Excited New Devialet 200 Owner - by samurai7595 - 25-Feb-2015, 00:45