Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Expert 250 Pro vs. Devialet Expert 1000 Pro
(26-Dec-2022, 13:45)sjors.ehv Wrote: Hello dear Devialet user   Heart

Except maximum power handling off course Smile what else are the (practical) big differences between an Expert 250 Pro setup - that I own one myself and I'm really happy with - and an Expert 1000 Pro setup?

Looking forward to hear from you all.

Kind regards,

Sjors from Holland

Good question.  

The largest difference is the power reserve for reproducing large dynamic contrasts, such as one gets listening to classical music.  With the 1000 Pro, it would be almost impossible to run out power, even with insensitive speakers such as models from ATC (85 db/w).   With the 250 Pro, it may be possible to run out of power at certain points of a given symphony.  This would be heard as a slight bit of momentary congestion during dynamic peaks.  

The 1000 Pro should have a wider and deeper soundstage.  Depending upon one's speakers and listening environment, one may or may not notice any difference whilst listening casually. It has already been mentioned the the specs for SNR and distortion are better, but would not actually be audible most of the time.  

For myself, as one who listens to a lot of classical music at near live levels (can't be too loud, don't want hearing loss), owning ATC speakers in a moderate sized listening environment, the change from a 250 Pro to a 1000 Pro made a significant difference.   

So, each case is different.  The above are some factors to consider.
1, ATC SCM 40 V2 speakers,  SVS PC4000 subwoofer,  Devialet Expert Pro 1000, ,  Ultrasone Edition 15, Ultrasone Edition 15 Veritas,  ,Chord Hugo TT, Magnetar UBR-800, GeerFab DBoB, OTL Headphone amp

2. Dynaudio Focus 360 , Devialet Expert Pro 220, Reavon UBR X-110, GeerFab DBoB

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet Expert 250 Pro vs. Devialet Expert 1000 Pro - by Redwingnine - 21-Oct-2023, 17:12