Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Expert 250 Pro vs. Devialet Expert 1000 Pro
(21-Oct-2023, 19:15)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote:
(26-Dec-2022, 13:45)sjors.ehv Wrote: Hello dear Devialet user   Heart

Except maximum power handling off course Smile what else are the (practical) big differences between an Expert 250 Pro setup - that I own one myself and I'm really happy with - and an Expert 1000 Pro setup?

Looking forward to hear from you all.

Kind regards,

Sjors from Holland

The only benefit of 1000 vs 250 is the power, which only helps you if the volume at which you usually listen is close to 2x250 W (which I don't think).
Otherwise, 1000 brings you only the configurator problems / bugs specific to dual-mono.  Smile

There is a difference between listing at a constant loud volume and having sufficient reserve power to handle large dynamic contrasts such as those experienced in classical music.  The 250 does not have as much power as the 1000 Pro.  For some scenarios, would agree that is not an issue. If one just listens to rock/pop, etc., the 1000 Pro is not likely to buy one much improvement.  However, there are situations where the 250 will run out of power with large scale classical music driving speakers that are of a lower sensitivity. (85 db/W as an example).  

I've tried both the 250 Pro and the 1000 Pro with my ATC SCM 40 V2 speakers.  When listening to classical music that has large dynamic swings at levels near, but still less than actual live, there are times the 250 runs out of power for those brief periods.  The music will sound slightly congested when this occurs.  I've experienced this first hand.  So, i think having the 1000 Pro is preferable in some use cases. There was a study in the past that proffered the opinion that a 90db/w speaker needed 500 watts to avoid clipping. 

The issues with dual mono configuration may have been in the past.  I've had no trouble whatsoever configuring the 1000 Pro.  One does need to study the options a bit before configuring.
1, ATC SCM 40 V2 speakers,  SVS PC4000 subwoofer,  Devialet Expert Pro 1000, ,  Ultrasone Edition 15, Ultrasone Edition 15 Veritas,  ,Chord Hugo TT, Magnetar UBR-800, GeerFab DBoB, OTL Headphone amp

2. Dynaudio Focus 360 , Devialet Expert Pro 220, Reavon UBR X-110, GeerFab DBoB

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet Expert 250 Pro vs. Devialet Expert 1000 Pro - by Redwingnine - 21-Oct-2023, 22:55