Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DJ Controller to DAC (or something?) to Phantom 1 pair
As title says, I'm trying to figure out the best (if that is such a thing) way to use my phantoms in direct optical mode for low latency, for use with a DJ controller, AND Bluetooth. 

I know I can use TOSlink adapters as noted on other posts here from a while back, but I'm not interested in the switch/reset procedure between direct optical and Bluetooth modes when I'm done mixing  - I want to be able to play from my mixer, then switch to Bluetooth painlessly.  

So, apart from getting rid of my phantoms and going for a wholly different setup, I'd like to get an idea if it's possible to use some kind of DAC that can take the output from the controller, AND handle wireless input from my devices (not simultaneously of course), while outputting to the phantoms in low latency direct optical mode. 

One thing im concerned with is lack of protection. As I understand it, direct optical leaves no overload protection for the speakers themselves, so they could be overdriven. 

Is there any way to mitigate this?
Is there any DAC/preamp setup that would look something I'm assuming like this?: DJ controller/mixer ->DAC->TOSLink (if no optical out) -> phantom?  While also allowing, for when I'm not mixing, this setup?: Bluetooth -> DAC -> TOSlink -> Phantoms ?

Many thanks in advance. This has me pulling my hair as most people I talk to say just dump the devialets, but the counter options offered are basically the same thing but different.

Messages In This Thread
DJ Controller to DAC (or something?) to Phantom 1 pair - by jeln16 - 18-Feb-2023, 06:15