Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert Pro Turns On Unexpectedly
(29-Mar-2023, 21:26)Jean-Marie Wrote: @David A, I think I didn't explain myself correctly.

I don't think the waking up has to do with the remotes but more with the Apple TV sending network probes to Airplay speakers and I could not correlate it to any particular activity on the Apple TV, more like something that it is doing when it is off itself.

That makes it harder to replicate because like you have I have not been able to trigger the behavior and there seem to be some randomness in it.

Jean-Marie

@Jean-Marie,  I hadn't thought about the problem being the Apple TV sending network probes to AirPlay speakers rather than the actual signals from the remote. I also note your comment that  you have had difficulty replicating the behaviour and that there seems to be some randomness to it.

I've had my Devialet for 6 years now, I've had several models of Apple RV during that time, and I have never noticed my amp turning on unexpectedly. Given your comments and my personal experience I'm going to stop trying to replicate the problem again unless one day I walk into the room where my audio system is and find the amp turned on when I know I turned it off.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
Expert Pro Turns On Unexpectedly - by jfddoc - 13-Mar-2023, 21:52
RE: Expert Pro Turns On Unexpectedly - by Pim - 14-Mar-2023, 07:12
RE: Expert Pro Turns On Unexpectedly - by Ron - 18-Mar-2023, 15:00
RE: Expert Pro Turns On Unexpectedly - by Pim - 19-Mar-2023, 02:32
RE: Expert Pro Turns On Unexpectedly - by Ron - 19-Mar-2023, 10:50
RE: Expert Pro Turns On Unexpectedly - by Ron - 20-Mar-2023, 18:23
RE: Expert Pro Turns On Unexpectedly - by Axel - 21-Mar-2023, 09:26
RE: Expert Pro Turns On Unexpectedly - by Axel - 22-Mar-2023, 11:07
RE: Expert Pro Turns On Unexpectedly - by Axel - 23-Mar-2023, 08:49
RE: Expert Pro Turns On Unexpectedly - by Muck - 23-Mar-2023, 23:14