Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet and Jamo R909s: 400s or 800s?
(28-Feb-2015, 02:45)MusicFirst Wrote: It seems that many have not seen the full range of Devialet power amplifiers' output into different loads.
Here it is.

[Image: ?name=Screen+Shot+2015-02-24+at+10.47.00.png]

Where did you get that from MF? I replaced a (very old) 80W/ch into 8 Ohm Denon amplifier with my Devialet 200 and would have to say that comparing the two, 150W/Ch into 8 Ohm for a Dev 200 seems a bit optimistic. I remember at the time reading a review of my Denon amp in which they measured it to give a bit over 90W/ch into 8 Ohm so that one was advertised on the pessimistic side. When I bought my Devialet it was a 170 and I though it would roughly be an even playing field but the Denon sounded as powerful if not more powerful than the Dev.

Not that it sounded anywhere near as good though. Not by a long shot Wink
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet and Jamo R909s: 400s or 800s? - by Pim - 28-Feb-2015, 14:12