Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1000 Pro with SAM (Dynaudio Focus 360)
(07-Jun-2023, 17:57)Delija Wrote: Newer SVS subs don't have high-pass filter. Older ones did - and it was very poor quality.

"Artifacts" = bad effects of processing on transparency, resolution, dynamics, timbre, imaging, soundstage, "air"...

In high quality systems, with high quality speakers and components, where speakers are properly positioned, in rooms which are acoustically treated, with subwoofers that are optimized on their own - DSPs have more negative effects on the sound than positive.

I played a lot with different solutions for high-pass filter - digital and analog. Devialet Expert is pretty good, but not 100% transparent. The same is with JL Audio CR-1 - the analog filter. In the end - I gave up from high pass filter for stereo / hi-fi usage. Only subwoofers are being EQed.
Appreciate the feedback.  DSP: A subject worth investigating.  

Understand your explanations regarding high pass filters.  I do run the speakers without any high pass filtering.  Years ago, remember using Yamaha AV receivers with the various DSP modes.  All were awful.

Guess I'll need to listen to the 360's more with and without SAM.  So far, SAM seems subjectively better overall. 
The other speakers I have are not supported by SAM.  They have all SEAS Excel drivers, which are hyper sensitive to the input provided.
1, ATC SCM 40 V2 speakers,  SVS PC4000 subwoofer,  Devialet Expert Pro 1000, ,  Ultrasone Edition 15, Ultrasone Edition 15 Veritas,  ,Chord Hugo TT, Magnetar UBR-800, GeerFab DBoB, OTL Headphone amp

2. Dynaudio Focus 360 , Devialet Expert Pro 220, Reavon UBR X-110, GeerFab DBoB

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1000 Pro with SAM (Dynaudio Focus 360) - by Redwingnine - 07-Jun-2023, 19:54