Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the Devialet bad at low volumes?
jjo,

I didn't 'belittle' anyone's experience. I just responded, with humour, to the vague idea that 'some people complain about the Devialet...' And if you read my post, you will see that I am relating my own experience only, and not making any claim that it is a universal truth. The default volume on the Devialet is -40.0 on the dial, and that is the setting I was listening at. And I did not carry on with an ad infinitum argument, such as " If it doesn't sound bad that low, it must not sound bad at -60.0 or even -70.0. So it must be sufficient proof that Devialet does not sound bad at low volumes."

You did the same thing in your post, but you also claim there is a problem with the Devialet at low volumes, yet you go on to suggest that it also varies with speaker sensitivity. That suggests the speakers are the 'problem'. That or the Fletcher Munson curve referred to in two other posts.

Your ears and your system, give one result, which becomes your opinion. My ears and my system give another result, which is my opinion. If you read the other posts in this thread, you will see that most owners agree that there is no problem with the Devialet a low volumes. It is not the same as every other amplifier on the market, but I personally find it excellent.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is the Devialet bad at low volumes? - by Damon - 04-Mar-2015, 22:46