Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the Devialet bad at low volumes?
(05-Mar-2015, 00:33)Dr Tone Wrote: Different speaker sensitivity would put a Devialet at different volume levels to achieve the same sound pressure at the listening position.  Just wondering how you conclude a speaker problem out of that?

Indeed. I was not truly concluding that the speaker is the problem, but didn't put it very well. And the 'my ears, my system' point was trying to cover the many variables including personal preference. I'm not really suggesting a speaker 'problem' but I was also questioning the Devialet 'problem'; hence the liberal use of quote marks.

I don't think my speakers are very efficient at 86db, but in my room, the -40.0 volume setting seems quite pleasant, not so much for active listening, but when I have Rdio on, or oboe concertos going while I'm doing something else in the same room. And as I mentioned in my first post, in comparison to my previous Naim streamer, the D120 is really nice at low volumes.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is the Devialet bad at low volumes? - by Damon - 05-Mar-2015, 00:51