Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You're too loud!
I'm not sure that having a buzz for a couple of days is something you want to get from music. That's what drugs are for.

Even tough I use two 18" subwoofers, I seem to be listening at about 75dB in general with peaks into the 80's. Once in a while I like to rock out and go much louder than that, but I do find that the room starts to have much more of an influence at those levels. I'm not sure how loud that is. When I play loud like that, picking up my phone for a check is the last thing I think of.

My neighbours are very easy going. The ones across the road have outdoor parties all the time and they use a PA system, so I'm not even the loudest in the street.

There's a guy who lives diagonally behind me and in summer, when all the windows are open, he can easily hear my music. He recently told me how much his wife and him enjoy my musical taste. I've invited hime to come and have a proper listen when he has time.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
You're too loud! - by molecule93 - 28-Oct-2023, 10:39
RE: You're too loud! - by Jean-Marie - 29-Oct-2023, 09:44
RE: You're too loud! - by Pim - 29-Oct-2023, 12:03
RE: You're too loud! - by David A - 29-Oct-2023, 21:34
RE: You're too loud! - by molecule93 - 30-Oct-2023, 10:29
RE: You're too loud! - by Jean-Marie - 30-Oct-2023, 14:53
RE: You're too loud! - by David A - 31-Oct-2023, 01:19