Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Troubleshooting Phantom optical input
I have a setup with two Phantom Golds, which in addition to streaming music I use for PlayStation (4) and Apple TV audio through the TVs optical output.

Problem is, I changed to an older TV (larger Samsung “flagship” model from ~2010), and now no audio is heard through the Phantoms optical input. It worked before, with more modern TV.

The thing is:
- Using TV “test/troubleshoot audio” feature, the audio works fine through the Phantoms
- But when playing PS4 or Apple TV (HDMI inputs to TV) NO audio is heard through Phantoms if activating TV’s “external speakers” in its settings, although in Devialet app I see optical inputs active and sound icon (see pic) “dancing” (as in moving). TV internal speakers works fine, i.e. nothing wrong with HDMI inputs…

Of course I suspect older TV to be the problem, and I’ve read about it being a fact that SOME TVs can’t output optical audio coming from HDMI input, but:
- The Samsung manual from ~2010 says it should work with optical output from HMDI sources
- The dancing icon in Devialet app tells me there’s a signal to the Phantom.

Any ideas if this can be solved?  Huh
How to troubleshoot further, or is there a way to enter more advanced settings of the Phantoms, than through Devialet app?

Thanks! Blush

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Troubleshooting Phantom optical input - by Larfa - 17-Nov-2023, 18:34