Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantoms delivered this afternoon
(07-Mar-2015, 23:13)stonedragon Wrote:
(07-Mar-2015, 21:38)DSJ Wrote: My initial problem with reconfiguring the phantoms was that starting up Spark again would not let you get past the "I Accept" screen. That is solved by unplugging the Dialog...and then plugging it back again. Turning on the Phantoms and waiting for the noise. Then Spark lets you get by the "I Accept" page. From there everything seems to go OK...."You have 2 Phantoms"? Yes.....touch 1of2......touch 2of2. Now configuring....everything seems to be OK, (tells you this should last a minute or two [which it did on the initial setup that worked]). Consistently there is a silence that arises about 1.5 to 2 minutes into these subsequent configurations that makes you feel like something has gone right, but the drone noise just starts up again and it continues to say its configuring. I've waited up to 10 minutes listening to this loud drone while the Phantoms tell me they're configuring. (Did Devialet not experience or anticipate this agonising drone noise attack for customers who might have problems with installation and setup!?, What a headache!!)

I've removed and reinstalled Spark over 5 times, unplugged and plugged in the Dialog and Phantoms as many times or more. I think this is a software bug/malfunction, not a procedural problem. I just don't think Spark is ready for paying customers. I'd return them if I'd purchased these locally.

Yes this is about the same procedure I followed, except there is one other thing people can try.

If SPARK is saying picking up one speaker and you are actually in the app, try this.

From the HOME page swipe to the left.
This will take you to the page where the songs are queued up.
Swipe to the left again.
This will take you to the page 'Playing on'
In the top left corner there is a icon of a large cog. Press that.
This will take you to the 'Devices' page
At the bottom of this page there is an option 'Restart setup'
Hit that button, which will wipe all your settings and allow a fresh setup.

At this stage I would follow the advice of DSJ that was given above (unplug Dialog before continuing etc).

But I think DSJ is correct about the software. This is beta and not fit for commercial release. That said I've got mine working and I'm loving it to bits. Just watched 'Thor' on it. Amazing bass and general sound. I honestly do not miss having a dedicated sub woofer as per my old system.

I did this on mine (restart setup) but still haven't had a stable stereo setup free of stuttering and Spark crashes.
I have configured one of them in mono and done a setup without Dialog. This has been completely stable ever since on my iPad and laptop and the sound quality is superb, particularly for the price.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Messages In This Thread
Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by f1eng - 06-Mar-2015, 18:31
RE: Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by DSJ - 07-Mar-2015, 20:54
RE: Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by DSJ - 07-Mar-2015, 21:38
RE: Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by f1eng - 08-Mar-2015, 18:16
Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by mirekti - 08-Mar-2015, 18:09
RE: Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by Phs - 09-Mar-2015, 17:28