Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apple Mac Mini with J. River
I'm using my TV via HDMI on a Mac mini but with Audirvana, not JRiver. I made a little board with a bean bag underneath and used velcro to stick a wireless keyboard and trackpad on it. This way I can have it on my lap and don't need a mouse pad. It takes a bit of getting used to using the trackpad but once you are it's just an extension of your arm.

I don't know where the problem comes from but when I use the TV for watching a program and then switch back to the Mac, I need to re-start iTunes and Audirvana. After that it works flawless. I am in the progress of changing all my Flac files to AIFF so I can just use iTunes for casual listening and I bought Amarra to have a go at improving the sound. It will be a while before I get to that... I'm currently at the C's so 'only' 23 more letters to go  Confused 
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
Apple Mac Mini with J. River - by samurai7595 - 07-Mar-2015, 20:00
RE: Apple Mac Mini with J. River - by NickB - 07-Mar-2015, 20:19
RE: Apple Mac Mini with J. River - by krass - 07-Mar-2015, 21:30
RE: Apple Mac Mini with J. River - by Pim - 08-Mar-2015, 00:13