Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harbeth P3ESR SAM gets to 19HZ?
Hi,

For sure the 'dB' levels are reduced when cranking the volume which I hear very clearly with my Raidho X1. I mean there will always be a trade off with such a small (4'') woofer. More often after having the X1 broken in I miss the oh so important lower bass in classical music. Well it shouldn't come as a surprise considering the size of speakers. 
But the effect is funny when playing electro music or some music full of bass lines, powerful bass at lower volumes and then when increasing to get that 'there' feeling one octave or more is gone down below.
I love the X1 to bits but I am now considering a home demo of the Raidho C2/D2.

I was somewhat blinded by SAM i having too high hopes even if I deep inside knew its limitations. Still remains a fantastic feature that makes small speakers sound so much more in all aspects. Having heard SAM with bigger speakers it still adds to increased quality by bettering the coherence.

Please note that by talking about higher output volume, I mean real classic orchestral levels (yes X1 can cope with this in my room). My friend the concert flutist when visiting usually test the system at real volumes...

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK

Messages In This Thread
Harbeth P3ESR SAM gets to 19HZ? - by AaronG - 10-Mar-2015, 01:26
RE: Harbeth P3ESR SAM gets to 19HZ? - by Pim - 10-Mar-2015, 12:42
RE: Harbeth P3ESR SAM gets to 19HZ? - by Pim - 11-Mar-2015, 17:14
RE: Harbeth P3ESR SAM gets to 19HZ? - by Mikeeo - 22-Mar-2015, 11:47