Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power supply noise - standby & when turned off
(01-May-2015, 23:42)Hifi_swlon Wrote: I'm glad someone else posted this comment. I was very surprised that I could hear this noise too on my D200. A hard noise to describe, I thought of it almost as the 'chattering' of a computer CPU or whatever.
I do think I've got sensitive hearing but mine's audible enough to hear a few metres away (although very faintly), and noticeably with my ear a few inches away. I don't think it will distract from music, but it's a shame I understood the device would be silent. There's actually more noise coming from the chattering of the unit than there is as noise out of the tweeter, which is virtually non existent.

Hi

We have discussed this topic in a previous thread:
http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=444&page=3

In the meantime I've heard nothing back from Devialet and I had the opportunity to hear 4 additional Devialets: two 200 (purchased in 2015), one 120 (purchased in 2015) and an old non-upgraded D-Premier (from ?). They all have it, the D-Premier was the worst. I have yet to see a completely silent Devialet in person. Until I do, I do not really believe they exist anymore or have ever existed. Maybe there was once a series of perfect power supplies, but not anymore.

I have also another theory. Some people simply are not able to hear it as I've experienced it with a friend, while I clearly did. So I'm certainly more sensitive.

There is nothing you can do about the noise except unplugging your Devialet...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Power supply noise - standby & when turned off - by runlonger - 02-May-2015, 07:58