Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was the D-Premier upgrade a waste of money?
(15-Mar-2015, 00:23)Music or sound Wrote: It was explained to me that the "upgraded" shark chip allows more extensive DSP functions. If one can not use SAM there is no new functionality available through the configurator  that was not possible for the D-Premier. I was and am interested in the promised time phase adjustments (available for Totaldac, Holms etc.) and may be some intelligent version of room correction but presently I see no indication that Devialet is working on any of these improvements.

I updated my D-Premier because I wanted Ethernet and USB. I also wanted to keep my amp upgradable and as Devialet said the 'old' platform would be left behind regarding firmware upgrades, I felt I had no choice. The more powerful DSP was also important. I've used the USB input a lot. The ethernet port is only used for connecting the amp to my network for remote control. WiFi is disabled. Devialet never fixed AIR so I've not been able to stream directly to the AMP. Devialet should have released the the specification  for AIR so people in the Linux community could make a driver (or they should have made a Linux version of AIR themselves). As the new Dialog is probably Linux based, Devialet would have benefited big time if there already existed a Linux version of AIR. Imagine the new Dialog working directly with the 'Expert' line via AIR...
And I still hope Devialet will keep their promise on a convolution function in the DSP of the amp. This is the right place for room correction processing.

@Music or sound: your comment re.: ...time phase adjustments (available for Totaldac, Holms etc.) is interesting, but as far as I know Totaldac has no correction capability built in, apart for the bass eq option which I believe is amplitude only. Have you got more info on this?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB

Messages In This Thread
RE: Was the D-Premier upgrade a waste of money? - by ogs - 15-Mar-2015, 09:42