Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was the D-Premier upgrade a waste of money?
(15-Mar-2015, 20:09)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(15-Mar-2015, 19:52)IanG-UK Wrote: I think expectation bias plays a huge part, both ways. Without a doubt, it does for me. As is the case, I suspect, with just about all listeners and with just about all quality electronic audio equipment.

And, in my opinion, it goes hand in hand with why reviewers never submit themselves to robust blind tests (recognising as I do the imperfections of that process).

These things gladly keep much of the industry in place, and therefore lots of choice of big boys toys for us all.

I find the corollary of what you are saying rather depressing. It suggests we can't trust our own senses let alone the judgement of others. 

Guillaume

Well, you really can't trust your own senses. Your eyes have blindspots straight ahead. You just don't notice this because your brain fills in the missing parts. Your ears are easily deceived. Think about that strange noise you probably heard as a kid, that you thought was someone talking which turned out the wind through a branch or something like that. If you have a head cold you can't taste properly. Etc.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: Was the D-Premier upgrade a waste of money? - by Eddye - 15-Mar-2015, 21:15