Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next upgrade path?
Hi
These forum have been a godsend for me so I am seeking advice once again.

I have just got the 200 and its amazing, but you know what its like....it has started me thinking about my next upgrade.

My CLIC network player does not have a digital output so that would seem the next logical step. The CLIC sounds great but that is probably more down to the upgrade to the 200.However I will throw this into the ring. My head tells me speaker upgrade will be more significant. Over the last few years rightly or wrongly I have steered towards the thought that amp and speakers are the real game changers when it comes to improvements. I used to believe spend a similar amount on each component. Now with the 200 purchase and hopefully what is already an excellent DAC, I think maybe a cheaper source upgrade leaving more for a big speaker upgrade. For eg total spend percentage 10% source and the other 90% on the amp and speakers.

However anyone who has helped me or read my posts will know I am no expert. I have just moved away from the thought that the source was the most important.

So right now I may have around 2k or so for a source. The one I have been looking at is the Aurender N100 as my music already on a NAS drive. Or should I wait until I have around 5 or 6k and do the 200 more justice.If the 200 has a really good DAC and I would hope it is for a 6k purchase should I even be considering spending this much cash on a source. Will the Dialog do the job eventually.
My only must have with a streamer /network player is the radio as since getting the CLIC i have listened to more and more radio.
I am also considering Linn Akurate, or would this be overkill. ie too much cash on the source.

Should this go on speakers? I love my 23s and as my room is only 14ft x 23ft they may be ideal. I am interested in the 26s and Sonus Fabers, and a few others.

As you can see lots of ideas going on in my head, not looking for definitive answers, just maybe a poke in the right direction.

Any help or guidance again much appreciated.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Messages In This Thread
Next upgrade path? - by Womaz - 16-Mar-2015, 18:38
RE: Next upgrade path? - by f1eng - 16-Mar-2015, 19:14
RE: Next upgrade path? - by Womaz - 16-Mar-2015, 19:22
RE: Next upgrade path? - by f1eng - 16-Mar-2015, 20:29
RE: Next upgrade path? - by Womaz - 16-Mar-2015, 21:10
RE: Next upgrade path? - by Womaz - 17-Mar-2015, 20:05
RE: Next upgrade path? - by Borgen - 17-Mar-2015, 20:48
RE: Next upgrade path? - by Womaz - 17-Mar-2015, 20:55
RE: Next upgrade path? - by samurai7595 - 18-Mar-2015, 11:44