Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My experience today with SAM
(22-Mar-2015, 22:40)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Hi Erik,

SAM helps your bass go lower, not louder. Because a lot of bass is in the region around the 40-60Hz you will find that without SAM you can play louder and achieve more 'noticeable' bass. The 20-40HZ region that's not as noticeable asks a lot more from your woofers and SAM will drop the bass to protect them when you crank it up.

The way I see it, when you use SAM then acoustically, you're practically changing your speakers. Because they sound different you should approach them as new speakers and re-do your speaker placement. Some of that extra bass might now reflect from your walls and interfere with your mids and highs.

Good luck. Keep us posted.

Cheers,

Pim

Thanks Pim.. I'm not really sure how I'd change the speaker position to any good cause. They are a bit more than 4ft from the rear wall and about 8.5ft apart.. If I moved them back closer to the rear wall I'd loose soundstage depth.. Don't want to do that.. Moving then father apart or closer together isn't going to effect the bass response.. I could both hear and measure with SAM engaged the increase in bass level.. They weren't really going any deeper..

Messages In This Thread
My experience today with SAM - by ErikM - 22-Mar-2015, 19:34
RE: My experience today with SAM - by Pim - 22-Mar-2015, 22:40
RE: My experience today with SAM - by ErikM - 23-Mar-2015, 00:51
RE: My experience today with SAM - by Pim - 23-Mar-2015, 13:52
RE: My experience today with SAM - by ARL67 - 30-Mar-2015, 02:59
RE: My experience today with SAM - by ErikM - 03-Apr-2015, 00:50