Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No longer looking
(31-Mar-2015, 10:59)GuillaumeB Wrote: Hi Hifi_swlon welcome to Devialet Chat. It sounds like a trip to Paris is a no-brainer then.

Regarding sources please note that the Devialet is not a streamer, you still need a PC or Mac or other device to "push" music data to the Devialet. You'll find a ton of info to trawl through on here  Wink No easy answers I'm afraid, since each method has its pros and cons.

Cheers

Guillaume

Thanks!

I'm currently using a Mac/Audirvana+ into Chord Hugo now, so that would be my starting point to get me going. That said, I was disappointed to learn Devialet didn't have that side sorted out - it seems like it would have been the perfect candidate bearing in mind their design skills etc. I was really hoping to finally find a nice slick UI to control Qobuz and my local library seamlessly - a plan that has failed on my Mac, and an experimental Raspberry Pi 2. Everything on the market that I've looked at seems either poorly designed (electronics and/or control interface), very expensive for what it is, and services restricted by the manufacturer that may or may not tally with your own needs. or a combination of all of those things.

Then at the weekend I noticed on the Devialet website - 'Spark' and 'Dialogue'. Is the plan that these will become exactly what I'm looking for?

in the meantime I'm happy with the Mini in that it works - albeit not controlled from a single interface - but I was hoping to move it out of the lounge and wall mount the Devialet, which wont be possible if it needs a USB connection still.

Perhaps I should read the information on these forums first, and redirect my questions outside of my wanted thread!

Messages In This Thread
No longer looking - by Hifi_swlon - 29-Mar-2015, 22:14
RE: 200 wanted - by DelaneyB - 31-Mar-2015, 10:32
RE: 200 wanted - by Hifi_swlon - 31-Mar-2015, 10:46
RE: 200 wanted - by GuillaumeB - 31-Mar-2015, 10:59
RE: 200 wanted - by DelaneyB - 01-Apr-2015, 00:17
RE: 200 wanted - by Hifi_swlon - 01-Apr-2015, 08:29