Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power Cables
For what it's worth, I have just replaced my excellent Esoteric PC9300 (this cable has a near mythical reputation in Japan) by a second hand Shunyata Etron Sigma HC 15amp for my Devialet 250.

The whole thing is fed by a PS Audio P10.

I must say that I am impressed, the sound is even better, I would dare to say truly excellent.

Now, there is a small problem since the cable's IEC's diameter is a bit too large and interferes slightly with the inner side wall of the D250, which prevents the power cable from engaging fully, but this doesn't seem to cause any issue.

The Shunyata Etron Sigma HC is considered by some in North America as the best power cable regardless of the price, and it may be true from what I am hearing.

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
Did you compare Shuntaya with and without PS Audio ?
On the other hand did someone tested different cable on Melko. Is the importance of the effect as great as with Devialet.
Regards
Bob
http://www.synergisticresearch.com/new-d...ower-cord/

Just saw this one.  Any users?
(21-Jan-2016, 21:39)Wdw Wrote: http://www.synergisticresearch.com/new-d...ower-cord/

Ha, I am a long time Synergistic owner. I really like the sound and the fact that the resale value is usually excellent. I just might contact The Cable Company to see about an audition.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
(22-Jan-2016, 00:31)rwjr44 Wrote:
(21-Jan-2016, 21:39)Wdw Wrote: http://www.synergisticresearch.com/new-d...ower-cord/

Ha, I am a long time Synergistic owner. I really like the sound and the fact that the resale value is usually excellent. I just might contact The Cable Company to see about an audition.

Please post your impressions if you can arrange an audition.
My Devialer dealer in Norway is having an intro offer, half price. Tempting...
Naim nac-n 272, Naim nap-300, PMC Fact 12, Audience AU24SE power cables, Oppo BDP-103D
I wonder what the active filter/circuit does? 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(22-Jan-2016, 16:27)Sobert Wrote: My Devialer dealer in Norway is having an intro offer, half price. Tempting...

Hi Sobert,
I'm wondering if u had it and what the performance is. Btw, does your dealer has the same promo and if so can u pls pass details.
So far, I came across only three Devialet specific made power cables Shunyata zpc10, graditech voima and this one.
(07-Feb-2016, 12:34)archer75 Wrote:
(22-Jan-2016, 16:27)Sobert Wrote: My Devialer dealer in Norway is having an intro offer, half price. Tempting...

Hi Sobert,
I'm wondering if u had it and what the performance is. Btw, does your dealer has the same promo and if so can u pls pass details.
So far, I came across only three Devialet specific made power cables Shunyata zpc10, graditech voima and this one.

Cabledyne builds one with Furutech IEC that fits under the cover. I am thinking of trying them. I have Cabledyne link-cable between my Devialets and one Cabledyne USB cable, really nice buildquality and the price is nice.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(07-Feb-2016, 13:35)octaviars Wrote:
(07-Feb-2016, 12:34)archer75 Wrote:

Hi Sobert,

Cabledyne builds one with Furutech IEC that fits under the cover. I am thinking of trying them. I have Cabledyne link-cable between my Devialets and one Cabledyne USB cable, really nice buildquality and the price is nice.

Thanks for pointing this. I have not heard Cabledyne before. The price for the cable is indeed very attractive. Will curious about its performance.