Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Original d'Atelier
I am considering throwing my toys out of the pram. Anyone know how I can get my Od'A next week?!

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Ciao guys,

Had I embark on such an exclusive/limited edition piece of gear I would expect Devialet or my dealer to provide me with the direct number of the assembly line operator in charge of my numbered/Head Engineer baptised unit... expecting a daily progress report! Tongue

C'mon Guillaume, after having set up this forum, with all the free, mostly excellent publicity we fellow users provide (ok, let's not get into Air...), you should be entitled for a complimentary Od'A, numbered 101, with a factory tour!
Aurender X100 >> Totaldac USB cable >> D200 >> SF Olympica II

Italy
Good afternoon chaps, Spoke to Antoine at the Bristol Show yesterday. Unfortunately the word from Devialet has not changed and the next batch are to be expected last week of March (not April Guillaume, I have been assured). Unfortunately noone will be getting them next week, they aren't ready to ship. Devialet UK have not been told why there are such delays and wisely chose not to speculate.

Jon and I can only apologize for the delays to those on here who are waiting, its like the 120/200 launch all over again! Jon and I will be pulling out all the stops when they do arrive to get them into your homes and I am happy to deliver on days or times that suit you outside of of our normal opening hours (This is a personal offer, a Wilson Alexia order wouldn't get Jon out and about on a Sunday!)

Alasdair
Two sets available at Singapore Adelphi for those interested. I noticed that from last year, the dealer has changed so now there is a Devialet showroom with Phantoms etc. [Image: 16033a0047f8f77a78e7dc8eb1768d80.jpg]
How much are they in Singapore
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(01-Mar-2016, 22:47)hk6230 Wrote: How much are they in Singapore

He said 50k sgd something but said negotiable. On top, there is about 5% tax refund.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(09-Jan-2016, 17:59)IanG-UK Wrote:
(09-Jan-2016, 16:55)warpeon Wrote: Jealous!! Mind sharing which model of the aq power cord it came with? How good of a pairing is aq with the d?

It comes with two Audioquest NRG power cables; one Audioquest Carbon RCA/RCA master/companion link; one Audioquest Sydney cable which I guess is the trigger connection. I've not used any of these as my existing cables are somewhat plumbed in and I decided not to experiment.

The Od'A comes with firmware 9.0.1 pre-installed so I am using that for the first time too, having previously stuck with 7.1.3 and an old config file.

I'm resisting commenting on sound quality in view of the largely inaccessible nature of the changes, given that the Od'A is pretty well sold out. It is to be hoped that new 800s get some, if not all, of the changes and that equivalent retrofits are made available to existing owners who want them. This is, in my view, implied in Devialet's non-obsolescence promise made some time ago, though clearly there may be some practical limitations.

Devialet have not committed to this as far as I know, though I imagine the new A and D boards will go into new 800s at some point. I imagine the thermal management changes and the integrated power supply changes might drip down but might not but I would hope all will become clear by the time of the Munich show.

For those who have not seen it here is the Devialet release on the Od'A.

Hi Ian,

Do you happen know which model of AQ NRG power cables Devialet have supplied? If there are no markings then could you tell me what colour they are, that might give a clue.

Many thanks

Graham
Innuos Statement, D1000 Pro CI, Shunyata Denali, Alpha v2, Delta v2 and Venom NR12 power cords, Sigma v1 speaker cables, Omega USB, PMC IB2se, Townshend Isolation Podiums.

Marantz SR7012, OPPO BDP 105D, PMC OB1s (Rears), PMC Twenty C (Centre).

South East Wales, UK
(04-Mar-2016, 11:23)Carcrashboy Wrote:
(09-Jan-2016, 17:59)IanG-UK Wrote:
(09-Jan-2016, 16:55)warpeon Wrote: Jealous!! Mind sharing which model of the aq power cord it came with? How good of a pairing is aq with the d?

It comes with two Audioquest NRG power cables; one Audioquest Carbon RCA/RCA master/companion link; one Audioquest Sydney cable which I guess is the trigger connection. I've not used any of these as my existing cables are somewhat plumbed in and I decided not to experiment.

The Od'A comes with firmware 9.0.1 pre-installed so I am using that for the first time too, having previously stuck with 7.1.3 and an old config file.

I'm resisting commenting on sound quality in view of the largely inaccessible nature of the changes, given that the Od'A is pretty well sold out. It is to be hoped that new 800s get some, if not all, of the changes and that equivalent retrofits are made available to existing owners who want them. This is, in my view, implied in Devialet's non-obsolescence promise made some time ago, though clearly there may be some practical limitations.

Devialet have not committed to this as far as I know, though I imagine the new A and D boards will go into new 800s at some point. I imagine the thermal management changes and the integrated power supply changes might drip down but might not but I would hope all will become clear by the time of the Munich show.

For those who have not seen it here is the Devialet release on the Od'A.

Hi Ian,

Do you happen know which model of AQ NRG power cables Devialet have supplied? If there are no markings then could you tell me what colour they are, that might give a clue.

Many thanks

Graham

Graham - I do not use the leads and have not even tried them - but the mains leads are black and marked NRG X in red on the plug on side and aq in red on the plug on the other side, at the Devialet end. The signal leads are marked Audioquest Sydney and Audioquest Carbon on one and both plugs respectively.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
I believe the power cord is NRG X-3
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

FWIW, 0.9 metres NRG X-3 sell for £65 each in the UK, £85 for 1.8 metres

Stereophile liked them "The AudioQuest NRG-X3 delivered more music, made more sense of the music, managed to more fully convey the artists' intentions, and made me a happy guy."
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)