Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Original d'Atelier
(09-Jul-2016, 17:30)Pim van Vliet Wrote: I'm not getting on the upgrade marry go round. I'll wait for the D2000 Pro Plus Extra Super Bonus next Christmas.

... this is after the invention of getting 2,000W output from a UK 240V mains feed fused at 5A which currently maxes out at 1,200W. 

Unless you put your hifi in the electric shower which maxes out at 10,000W. Somewhat dangerously.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
I just had a look at Le configurator and the O d'A can now be configured to output 1000Watts! A few days ago it was still 900W. No new firmware though.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(20-Jul-2016, 11:30)Pim van Vliet Wrote: I just had a look at  Le configurator and the O d'A can now be configured to output 1000Watts! A few days ago it was still 900W. No new firmware though.
10.0.2 is due out this week.
(20-Jul-2016, 12:55)oxfordaudio Wrote:
(20-Jul-2016, 11:30)Pim van Vliet Wrote: I just had a look at  Le configurator and the O d'A can now be configured to output 1000Watts! A few days ago it was still 900W. No new firmware though.

Is the new software for all Experts (I have a pair of D-Premiers)???
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(20-Jul-2016, 13:06)Celts88 Wrote:
(20-Jul-2016, 12:55)oxfordaudio Wrote:

Is the new software for all Experts (I have a pair of D-Premiers)???

My understanding is that it is primarily for O d'A owners but will give some cosmetic changes to display for other owners.
With all this negativity that seems to be quite the fashion on the forum at the moment I thought I'd post something about how much I'm enjoying my O d'A.

In fact I've been running Qobuz desktop on my Macbook Air and streaming to my Devialets using AIR 3 beta all afternoon.

I've been mainly listening to music I've never heard before. I haven't had a single dropout and the sound has been fabulous.

At the moment I'm playing this:

http://player.qobuz.com/#!/album/8718857027072

I should add that I'm now running 10.0.2 and that I've updated my config to 1kW. At first I wasn't sure if I liked the new firmware finding it a touch analytical and reminding me a bit of some earlier firmwares we've had. The 100W boost came a day or two later and has definitely brought something interesting to the party. 

As Mathieu at Devialet never tires of telling us, one can never have enough power!

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(20-Jul-2016, 20:31)GuillaumeB Wrote: I should add that I'm now running 10.0.2 and that I've updated my config to 1kW. At first I wasn't sure if I liked the new firmware finding it a touch analytical and reminding me a bit of some earlier firmwares we've had. The 100W boost came a day or two later and has definitely brought something interesting to the party. 

As Mathieu at Devialet never tires of telling us, one can never have enough power!

Guillaume

How did You get firmware 10.0.2? Is it only for Orginal or is it also working with 200, 250?

Can You publish this firmware somewhere? 

Best regards!

Chris
(20-Jul-2016, 21:43)moreno1973 Wrote: How did You get firmware 10.0.2? Is it only for Orginal or is it also working with 200, 250?

Can You publish this firmware somewhere? 

Best regards!

Chris

The firmware, when publicly released, will work with the 120 to 800, the OdA, the D'Premier and the new Pro series when released, but clearly the Pro series will come with it pre-installed.

But as far as I know the new firmware will only impact sonically on the OdA (and the new Pro series) although it will run on all models.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Email just in from Devialet:

1000 WATTS FOR YOUR ORIGINAL D'ATELIER

You have pioneered of a major technological innovation leading to the new Expert Pro line. The Original d’Atelier is the ultimate system of the Expert range and will therefore benefit from this revolution, with its power increased to 1000 Watts. To update your Original d'Atelier, please install the latest Firmware V10.0.2 available from our website and carry out your new configurations.

In 2017, you will also be offered the opportunity to upgrade your Original d’Atelier to our new V6 system through a revamp of its on-board electronics. Your system will receive a new mother board (including a new amplifier Class A, a new Magic Wire and new thermal management), a new architecture to support Devialet OS and a new engraved bottom plate in solid copper.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(20-Jul-2016, 20:31)GuillaumeB Wrote: With all this negativity that seems to be quite the fashion on the forum at the moment I thought I'd post something about how much I'm enjoying my O d'A.

In fact I've been running Qobuz desktop on my Macbook Air and streaming to my Devialets using AIR 3 beta all afternoon.

I've been mainly listening to music I've never heard before. I haven't had a single dropout and the sound has been fabulous.

At the moment I'm playing this:

http://player.qobuz.com/#!/album/8718857027072

I should add that I'm now running 10.0.2 and that I've updated my config to 1kW. At first I wasn't sure if I liked the new firmware finding it a touch analytical and reminding me a bit of some earlier firmwares we've had. The 100W boost came a day or two later and has definitely brought something interesting to the party. 

Guillaume

Of all the posts made over the past couple of weeks this is probably the one I most empathise with. Even though I'm 'only' using a 200 with Macbook/AIR 3 and Qobuz/iTunes the sound is superb and Ive never enjoyed my Hi-Fi more  :Big Grin I can't wait to try a 'Pro'.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)