Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Original d'Atelier
(22-Jul-2016, 19:43)PhilP Wrote:
(20-Jul-2016, 20:31)GuillaumeB Wrote: With all this negativity that seems to be quite the fashion on the forum at the moment I thought I'd post something about how much I'm enjoying my O d'A.

In fact I've been running Qobuz desktop on my Macbook Air and streaming to my Devialets using AIR 3 beta all afternoon.

I've been mainly listening to music I've never heard before. I haven't had a single dropout and the sound has been fabulous.

At the moment I'm playing this:

http://player.qobuz.com/#!/album/8718857027072

I should add that I'm now running 10.0.2 and that I've updated my config to 1kW. At first I wasn't sure if I liked the new firmware finding it a touch analytical and reminding me a bit of some earlier firmwares we've had. The 100W boost came a day or two later and has definitely brought something interesting to the party. 

As Mathieu at Devialet never tires of telling us, one can never have enough power!

Guillaume

Of all the posts made over the past couple of weeks this is probably the one I most empathise with. Even though I'm 'only' using a 200 with Macbook/AIR 3 and Qobuz/iTunes the sound is superb and Ive never enjoyed my Hi-Fi more  :Big Grin I can't wait to try a 'Pro'.

I honestly cannot fault Qobuz desktop + AIR 3, it is utterly superb. 

Spent another day streaming music in this way.  Big Grin

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(22-Jul-2016, 19:51)LGuillaumeB Wrote:
(20-Jul-2016, 20:31)GuillaumeB Wrote: With all this negativity that seems to be quite the fashion on the forum at the moment I thought I'd post something about how much I'm enjoying my O d'A.

In fact I've been running Qobuz desktop on my Macbook Air and streaming to my Devialets using AIR 3 beta all afternoon.

I've been mainly listening to music I've never heard before. I haven't had a single dropout and the sound has been fabulous.

I should add that I'm now running 10.0.2 and that I've updated my config to 1kW. At first I wasn't sure if I liked the new firmware finding it a touch analytical and reminding me a bit of some earlier firmwares we've had. The 100W boost came a day or two later and has definitely brought something interesting to the party. 

As Mathieu at Devialet never tires of telling us, one can never have enough power!

Guillaume

Of all the posts made over the past couple of weeks this is probably the one I most empathise with. Even though I'm 'only' using a 200 with Macbook/AIR 3 and Qobuz/iTunes the sound is superb and Ive never enjoyed my Hi-Fi more  :Big Grin I can't wait to try a 'Pro'.

Guillaume

Yes, I think Devialet are really on the right track with AIR3 and Qobuz have really nailed their app.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(22-Jul-2016, 19:51)GuillaumeB Wrote:

Guillaume

Guillaume

I'll add my support to the positive comments about the 10.0.2/ Air 3 / Qobuz combination.

I've been using Qobuz via Air 3 on my O d'A for a while, and I have been really enjoying the overall sound presentation compared with my previous 800's. I upgraded to 10.0.2 today, and in my opinion it is another significant step forward.

I'm not as articulate as many of you guys here who do a great job of describing the audio and technical factors at work. All I can say is that with some of my favourite tracks that I've been listening to for 20 years, I've heard nuance and scale that I've not heard before. Really special..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Qobuz, Audirvana Plus, Mac Mini, Original d'Atelier #56, Wilson Sasha II's, PS Audio P10 Powerplant, Transparent Ref XL MM2 speaker cables, Transparent Ref power cables,  Audioquest Diamond Ethernet

Guillaume

Guillaume

Updated to firmware 10.0.2 as well, and I'm finding in my system that the sound has become more liquid and "analog".  The results depend on the system, I guess.  My Devialets still showing 900 W in 6 ohms.  Can't seem to find the option to change this to 1,000 W.  Could anyone help?  R. Aker
(23-Jul-2016, 07:38)raker Wrote:
(22-Jul-2016, 19:43)PhilP Wrote: Of all the posts made over the past couple of weeks this is probably the one I most empathise with. Even though I'm 'only' using a 200 with Macbook/AIR 3 and Qobuz/iTunes the sound is superb and Ive never enjoyed my Hi-Fi more  :Big Grin I can't wait to try a 'Pro'.

Guillaume

Updated to firmware 10.0.2 as well, and I'm finding in my system that the sound has become more liquid and "analog".  The results depend on the system, I guess.  My Devialets still showing 900 W in 6 ohms.  Can't seem to find the option to change this to 1,000 W.  Could anyone help?  R. Aker
By the way, I've received an email from Devialet stating that Original d'Atelier owners will have hardware updates to their units in 2017.

"Votre Original d'Atelier bénéficiera notamment d'une nouvelle carte mère (intégrant un nouvel amplificateur Classe A, un nouveau Magic Wire et une nouvelle alimentation électrique), d'une nouvelle architecture capable d'intégrer Devialet OS et d'une nouvelle plaque de fond signée en cuivre massif."

A new mother card, with a new Class A amplifier, a new Magic Wire, and a new power supply, plus a new signed massive copper bottom plate.

Sounds like a root and branch hardware upgrade, looking forward to it.

R. Aker
Oh, I forgot to mention, a new "architecture" capable of integrating Devialet OS. R. Aker
(22-Jul-2016, 19:43)PhilP Wrote: Of all the posts made over the past couple of weeks this is probably the one I most empathise with. Even though I'm 'only' using a 200 with Macbook/AIR 3 and Qobuz/iTunes the sound is superb and Ive never enjoyed my Hi-Fi more  :Big Grin I can't wait to try a 'Pro'.

Guillaume

Power settings are in the configurator
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(22-Jul-2016, 18:27)GuillaumeB Wrote: Email just in from Devialet:

[snip]
In 2017, you will also be offered the opportunity to upgrade your Original d’Atelier to our new V6 system through a revamp of its on-board electronics. Your system will receive a new mother board (including a new amplifier Class A, a new Magic Wire and new thermal management), a new architecture to support Devialet OS and a new engraved bottom plate in solid copper.

Guillaume

Hmmm... "Offered the opportunity ..." I wonder if it's chargeable or free of charge?
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
Dear Od'A owners,

I'am curious about your feedback on the new firmware, we have limited return at this point in time taking in consideration greatest impact should be for us , please share your experience!

Cheers,

Frnch
Original d'Atelier No 91 Upgraded CI- Aurender N10- Chord Dave DAC-Chord Mscaler-B&W 800 D3- Isotek EVO3 Mosaic Genesis- Nordost Valhalla 2 power cable- Nordost Valhalla 2 speaker cables- Nordost QB4 and Qx4- Cabledyne RCA-XLR- Transparent Ref XL AES/EBU- Synergistic Atmosphere AC Power Cords- Light Harmonic LS USB- Mutec MC3+USB- Audioquest Diamond ethernet- Étalon ethernet isolator
(23-Jul-2016, 08:26)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(22-Jul-2016, 19:51)GuillaumeB Wrote: I honestly cannot fault Qobuz desktop + AIR 3, it is utterly superb. 

Guillaume

Power settings are in the configurator
Maybe I'm blind, but I've been all over the configurator, without finding the setting allowing one to set the output to 1,000 W.  Could someone please point me in the specific direction in the configurator?  Many thanks in advance.  R. Aker