Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Original d'Atelier
Good post.

According the Devialet at OAC, the card is not even agreed in terms of ambition.

Then there is design, R&D, component testing, card testing, QC, production testing, supply reliability - so what if it takes 18 months rather than a year? January 2018 rather than July 2017. Do Od'A guys then havre to wait 18 months for the core upgrade which 800 owners are getting now at, in reality, a much lower net cost???

The reason for this delay for Od'A owners is the apparent delicate rose gold finish. But it will only be handled by the owner, be in transit in the most protective case I have come across (far superior to the 800 packing) and by the technician making the change. I don't follow that. If a technician is going to be updating 100 Od'As once versus 100 Od'As twice, if there is such vulnerability he is going to get some of the first 100 wrong, not simple some of the second 100.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(11-Aug-2016, 09:36)IanG-UK Wrote: Good post.

According the Devialet at OAC, the card is not even agreed in terms of ambition.

Then there is design, R&D, component testing, card testing, QC, production testing, supply reliability - so what if it takes 18 months rather than a year? January 2018 rather than July 2017. Do Od'A guys then havre to wait 18 months for the core upgrade which 800 owners are getting now at, in reality, a much lower net cost???

The reason for this delay for Od'A owners is the apparent delicate rose gold finish. But it will only be handled by the owner, be in transit in the most protective case I have come across (far superior to the 800 packing) and by the technician making the change. I don't follow that. If a technician is going to be updating 100 Od'As once versus 100 Od'As twice, if there is such vulnerability he is going to get some of the first 100 wrong, not simple some of the second 100.
I have seen Oxford Audio's Od'A.  Apparently this has travelled to many places, including many regular trips from JH's home to the shop in Oxford.  It looks immaculate!   I wonder how Pim's Od'A is looking?  That one has been twice 'round the planet so far!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(11-Aug-2016, 10:00)Confused Wrote: I have seen Oxford Audio's Od'A.  Apparently this has travelled to many places, including many regular trips from JH's home to the shop in Oxford.  It looks immaculate!   I wonder how Pim's Od'A is looking?  That one has been twice 'round the planet so far!

... and when it gets very hot, Jon fries his morning eggs on it too
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

England
(11-Aug-2016, 10:42)IanG-UK Wrote:
(11-Aug-2016, 10:00)Confused Wrote: I have seen Oxford Audio's Od'A.  Apparently this has travelled to many places, including many regular trips from JH's home to the shop in Oxford.  It looks immaculate!   I wonder how Pim's Od'A is looking?  That one has been twice 'round the planet so far!

I wonder how mine is looking too.  Huh  I've not laid my eyes on one ever and am still stuck in the desert.  Sad Sad
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(12-Aug-2016, 11:00)Pim van Vliet Wrote:

I wonder how mine is looking too.  Huh  I've not laid my eyes on one ever and am still stuck in the desert.  Sad Sad

It is a thing of awe and beauty. I'm sure you will find it worth the wait  Rolleyes
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
(12-Aug-2016, 11:04)Zappydev Wrote:
(11-Aug-2016, 10:42)IanG-UK Wrote: ... and when it gets very hot, Jon fries his morning eggs on it too

It is a thing of awe and beauty. I'm sure you will find it worth the wait  Rolleyes

I just saw your other post. Jealous!

BTW; 1000Watts into little two ways > How does it sound?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Never had an egg? Unbelievable.
MacBook Pro (with Air)

England
(12-Aug-2016, 11:41)IanG-UK Wrote:
(11-Aug-2016, 10:42)IanG-UK Wrote: ... and when it gets very hot, Jon fries his morning eggs on it too

I don't think that Kangaroos lay eggs, so that may be true  Tongue.
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(12-Aug-2016, 12:16)brit Wrote:
(12-Aug-2016, 11:41)IanG-UK Wrote:
(12-Aug-2016, 11:00)Pim van Vliet Wrote: I wonder how mine is looking too.  Huh  I've not laid my eyes on one ever and am still stuck in the desert.  Sad Sad

And Platypusses' eggs are pretty rare I agree.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
(12-Aug-2016, 14:34)kerkhoffd Wrote:
(12-Aug-2016, 12:16)brit Wrote:
(12-Aug-2016, 11:41)IanG-UK Wrote: Never had an egg? Unbelievable.

And Platypusses' eggs are pretty rare I agree.

I've never seen an O d'A before you dodos!
And no, kangaroos don't LAY eggs. They do occasionally LAY on the road and get run over. Nothing beats a road kill dinner.  Big Grin
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.