Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Devialet teaser 11-11-2016 / 'The lost recordings'
I wasn't there, but I can say as a reasonably regular Electric Cinema goer that the sound there in general isn't great, so if anything sounded half decent that's a good sign!

OT but anyone in this area that likes decent sound in a cinema should head to the Olympic in Barnes - the revamped former Olympic recording studios - which had the first installed Dolby Atmos in the country and is a fantastic cinema and eating venue. Not knocking Soho House btw, it's my go to venue overall....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Just had confirmation from Antoine at Devialet. The Golds were used to play background music before and after the event. The videos were played through the cinema's AV system.

1000 PRO + YG HAILEY 1.2 1.5 + Kronos Pro Turntable with Kronos Black Beauty arm and Koetsu The Signature Cartridge for the Lacquer.

So Soniclife was bang on.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(08-Dec-2016, 20:00)GuillaumeB Wrote: Just had confirmation from Antoine at Devialet. The Golds were used to play background music before and after the event. The videos were played through the cinema's AV system.

1000 PRO + YG HAILEY 1.2 1.5 + Kronos Pro Turntable with Kronos Black Beauty arm and Koetsu The Signature Cartridge for the Lacquer.

Guillaume

That's an impressive system.

This would be a good turntable for a lacquer buyer! http://elpj.com
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

(08-Dec-2016, 20:28)AaronG Wrote:
(08-Dec-2016, 20:00)GuillaumeB Wrote: Just had confirmation from Antoine at Devialet. The Golds were used to play background music before and after the event. The videos were played through the cinema's AV system.

Guillaume

That's an impressive system.

This would be a good turntable for a lacquer buyer! http://elpj.com

That reminds me of the Finial turntable http://hometheaterreview.com/the-finial-...-reviewed/
Was it really back in 1990.  Exclamation I'm getting old.  Sad
£6,300 for 1 if the recording on lacquer!

£110 just for the vinyls

Would have given the vinyls a go at £50 which is usually the max for super deluxe pressings (quiex etc) .....but double that is just not a record for the common people!
I thought about getting one of the lacquers as an investment but I'm too afraid the bloody thing will melt before I sell it on! And if I put it in my wine cellar I'm sure one night I'll get blind drunk and will pull it out to give it a spin.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(13-Dec-2016, 23:29)Pim van Vliet Wrote: And if I put it in my wine cellar I'm sure one night I'll get blind drunk and will pull it out to give it a spin.

...now I wanna be there to see your face in the morning awakening on the sofa gazing at your turntable with no clue 'n running some tears (scene for a movies) Big Grin
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin
Oscar Perterson was delivered by UPS.
The good thing first : 
I listened to Face A and I am impressed by the music and the sq.

There are three more things however :

1/ the corners of the sleeve suffered a little despite logistic proverbial gentleness...
2/ Something surprising : check the attached image and the number. This must be the ultimate collector !
3/ there's a sticker included with a code for a download link and the link doesn't seem to work (maybe my professional network is the faulty one  : I'll give it a try tonight at home).

The "Devialet" is in the details...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bruno

Auralic Aries g2.1 / Chord Qutest / CLEARAUDIO Blackmotion - cartridge Clearaudio Virtuoso V2 mm/  /Gryphon Diablo 300 / Blue jeans cable / Apertura Edena Evolution
A unique virgin birth.

(16-Dec-2016, 16:16)Bruno Wrote: Oscar Perterson was delivered by UPS.
The good thing first : 
I listened to Face A and I am impressed by the music and the sq.

There are three more things however :

1/ the corners of the sleeve suffered a little despite logistic proverbial gentleness...
2/ Something surprising : check the attached image and the number. This must be the ultimate collector !
3/ there's a sticker included with a code for a download link and the link doesn't seem to work (maybe my professional network is the faulty one  : I'll give it a try tonight at home).

SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

(16-Dec-2016, 16:16)Bruno Wrote: Oscar Perterson was delivered by UPS.

Looks like you can write your own number in, I wonder how many copies of 001 there are Wink

I have just orderd it as well.

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.