Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dirac and room correction software
(29-Nov-2015, 23:04)Womaz Wrote: Get the PMCs back in that rig.....you know you want to try them now  Big Grin

I really do!

For the sake of domestic bliss (having taken over the lounge for a fair bit of Sunday with the hifi making weird noises), I think I'll leave the Neats in place and enjoy the sound and experiment with some target curves to get a feel for what can be done and what sound I prefer.

Then I'll get the Facts back in - a bit of a faff due to spikes etc, but I REALLY want to see if it can work its magic, and without any obvious downsides.  And partly just to see if the measurements for the PMCs are obviously different to the Neats.

Because of SAM I suppose I'll have to do two sets of measurements at least - SAM ON and SAM OFF (a few 'in-between' SAMs would be needed if being anal about it).

If it works it will take the pressure off new speakers for sure, and perhaps I'll get a chance to hear what the Facts can really do Wink

I will probably still change them though - now I've been reminded what our previous (much smaller) speakers are like in situ, I'm really keen to find something a bit less 'dominating' to sit either end of the sofa. At least a bit less like 'walls' either end of the sofa.  Famous last words….

My main dislike about Dirac right now, is just that it doesn't seem to remember the output, so when the Devialet turns on I have to VNC into the headless server and re-select 'Devialet USB' as the output.  I hope this is just user error otherwise that will sadly rule out Dirac for me…..

Longer-term it may become annoying once Roon launches its RoonSpeakers endpoints, as I wouldn't be able to take advantage because I'd be stuck outputting from the machine that Dirac runs on.  But I'll worry about that later.

Of course, if it could be built into the Devialet itself…...

Meantime I really need a longer USB cable for the mic - bearing in mind what its designed for it seemed a bit stingy on the length - I could barely reach the listening position even with the Mac stretched away from the Devialet as far as it would go, so getting the additional points was tricky.  And my listening position is quite close by many standards….

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dirac and room correction software - by Hifi_swlon - 30-Nov-2015, 16:30
Dirac and room correction software - by Krisp - 13-Jan-2016, 18:27