Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dirac and room correction software
Rodney - OK, you did say to ignore the bass humps and dips in your screen shots. My apologies, but I couldn't help but notice! The thing is, I must admit that I was previously under the impression that room correction "chops" off the bass humps, but is basically ineffective with the nulls. However, looking at your screen shots, it would appear that Dirac is making a reasonable job of mitigating the nulls. Am I interpreting this correctly?

Another question, I don't quite understand why microphone readings are taken in nine positions. I know that if I wander around my room, you can hear the change in bass response, so I understand readings will vary between microphone locations. However, you can only listen in one location, surely you can only correct for one "sweet spot"? I guess I'm missing something here?

I must admit to being a bit cynical about room correction in the past, although this thread has certainly got me interested! Some great posting guys!

As a final thought, Dirac is not going to work terribly well with my turntable! So if it works well with digital, it's going to relegate my vinyl to division two!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dirac and room correction software - by Confused - 08-Dec-2015, 22:10
Dirac and room correction software - by Krisp - 13-Jan-2016, 18:27