Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dirac and room correction software
I ended up returning Dirac and getting a refund.

Nothing to do with sound quality - I'm really happy with that - more to do with the OSX output issue on the DAP.  

To be fair to Dirac they sent me a beta of the fix but it didn't work (fair enough, it's beta). I'm confident they'll get there but why take the risk on a nearly €400 piece of software, so took them up on their 30 day money back offer.  

I was starting to wonder how I'd implement it in practice with Roon - since they don't support AU plugins and I want to use RoonSpeakers/NAA ultimately.  So I'm going to sit back a minute and look at other options.

If I can find a way to do it I'm going to try and test just using a parametric EQ, and also using the delay offset that Dirac suggested (I sit off centre) and see how much of the 'Dirac Effect' that gives. If most if it, I'll look for solutions there too.

I'd still highly recommend Dirac, especially for ease of use combined with quality. Nothing I've looked at has been anything like intuitive and would also require Windows to measure and generate filters? I've got REW so if that can do it I'll try and feed it through HQ player (in non-up sampling mode) just because it has a convo over and works with Roon.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
Dirac and room correction software - by Krisp - 13-Jan-2016, 18:27
RE: Dirac and room correction software - by Hifi_swlon - 04-Feb-2016, 17:29