Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dirac and room correction software
Been playing some music through Dirac this evening. Am pretty happy with it again.

I still have the same perceived bass issue as when I tried it previously though. Even though it says it's corrected it, and I've humped up the bass a bit more, it still doesn't feel like I've got enough bass to really slam electronic bass notes home. I've always had this with my system to be honest without Dirac and on both sets of speakers. I'm starting to think with the speakers facing the long direction of the room it must be something about sound pressure rather than measured frequency amplitude - I'm trying to justify that making sense anyway. Otherwise I can't understand why the measurements look ok but it still feels very weak in bass. I don't think I like massively exaggerated bass but maybe I do? Maybe a lot of other setup's have artificially increased bass and I'm just comparing to that? Who knows, I just know I want more bass!!

I do find that I can use the bass EQ on the D200 more effectively now though. I guess because the two big bass peaks are bought down with Dirac I can add more on top without it going mad in the room. It's much more convenient to use the remote for this and also I think I'm borderline into clipping if I push any harder in Dirac.

Listening to John Tejada now, Dirac with a little bass hump, and +6 on the EQ feels a bit more what I'd expect for electronic beats. Well, sort of..... Maybe +10 Wink

Whatever the results Dirac always makes everything sounds less 'thin' and more 'right' so I really want to keep it. Hopefully Roon will get on with integrating it.

Meanwhile, anyone know how to read REW measurements? I did a few at the end but not sure if I did them right - certainly they look pretty different to Dirac's measurements, before and after. But mostly I'd like to try and see what's going on with the channel delay thing.....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
Dirac and room correction software - by Krisp - 13-Jan-2016, 18:27
RE: Dirac and room correction software - by Hifi_swlon - 02-May-2016, 18:16