Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dirac and room correction software
I've been experimenting with targets this week a bit.

What I've decided is a not only like a bit of bass hump for what feels 'natural' in the bass - ie enough of it - but I also like a slightly steeper slope than the Dirac default - ie I like things slightly more bass heavy according to Dirac. Whether this is actually what I like in reality, or whether doing this compensates better for what appears to be a big bass suckout in my setup, I'm not sure.

But I'm fairly happy with the sound. That said, no matter what I do I don't get that bass slam or even close without things sounding a bit 'boxy', or the clipping indicator going. So I've also been experimenting with EQ on top. I'll get there. More and more I thing shooting speakers down the length of the room, plus them being transmission line, just might not get to the electronic beats I like, but for now I can rest happier.

I find the curves quite sensitive in the 200-500hz zone. It can have quite an affect on bass, but also make music a bit more 'in your face'. Sort of reminds me of my Naim setup which I actually liked quite a lot.

I really like playing with the curves. Tweakers delight. And you don't have to buy any extra kit to do it (well, once you've paid for Dirac).

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
Dirac and room correction software - by Krisp - 13-Jan-2016, 18:27
RE: Dirac and room correction software - by Hifi_swlon - 08-May-2016, 22:46