Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dirac and room correction software
I really miss Dirac, but since it's a closed system I started looking at alternate ways to do it in terms of making convolution filters to use with other software convolution.

Acourare seems like the one that gets the most good feedback, so I had a briwse through the website. Wow, I know some people say Diracs basic, but they really took a complex thing and made it easy to use for the end user. I was going to try Acourare, but you can't really demo it - you can only send your measurements off along with two FLAC files that get converted for you. I know software gets cracked and everything, but there's got to be better ways than that - how do you experiment with target curves etc, and how do you try filters in 3rd party convolution software?

Anyway, I've ruled it out for now, I just looks like it will eat time. So are there any other filter creation systems out there that can be evaluated and would stand a chance of measuring up to Dirac? I don't want to do a bunch of parametric EQ in REW - I want to get a proper multi position measurement convolution with impulse responses etc. Any suggestions or is Acourate pretty much it? Software only, not hardware, and use with a USB mic and up to 192.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
Dirac and room correction software - by Krisp - 13-Jan-2016, 18:27
RE: Dirac and room correction software - by Hifi_swlon - 04-Jan-2017, 23:11