Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dirac and room correction software
(05-Jan-2017, 01:28)alandbush Wrote: I began a search for software solutions early December that could be used to generate FIR filters for use with miniDSP units for room correction/speaker voicing.  I downloaded appropriate trial, demo or evaluation files and tried each with a straight forward example.  Before the Christmas break, I had reduced the field down to FIR Designer, Filter Hose and rePhase.  Personally, I find the first very intuitive to use with all the steps simply laid out.  It's reasonably priced and there have been five updates during December.
I hope to continue testing mid January but think FIR Designer will be hard to beat.

Thanks for the tips, will check those out, especially FIR designer. Looking forward to hearing your impressions - what did you use to test the filters in playback?

...[edit]...

OK found it, posting here in case its useful http://eclipseaudio.com.au/fir-designer/

I like the look of it already. Not sure why it didn't come up in any of my searches so far...

Mmmm having now had a good read through I just don't think I'd have the patience for it. I guess I'll just sit tight until Dirac one day materialises in my preferred playback package.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
Dirac and room correction software - by Krisp - 13-Jan-2016, 18:27
RE: Dirac and room correction software - by Hifi_swlon - 05-Jan-2017, 14:35