Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dirac and room correction software
(07-Jan-2017, 22:35)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Ian, fab filter looks very cool! Not sure it can export filters to use in convolution engines though?

Swissbear, will take a look at your link.

I guess my issue with all of them is they're just so damned complicated! I don't want to learn the intricacies of it all or get a PhD, I just want the best sound I can get from a few measurements. If only Dirac could export filters.....

Mmm - I got the impression that the whole thing ran as a plug-in, including the UI which allows you to change the EQ in real time, so you need something to "host" it. I've read several posts on CA and the Audirvana forum saying that A+ can host it. Of course the proof is in the pudding. As it happens I've just started a trial of A+ and the Pro-2 plug-in can also be evaluated for 30 days so I could try and plug it together and see what happens...

I agree about the complication though. That's why I keep thinking Dirac is probably the way forward: it seemed to be very easy to use when I tried it. Is your concern about its closed nature mainly on philosophical grounds or a practical worry that you won't be very "future-proof" if you use it?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK

Messages In This Thread
Dirac and room correction software - by Krisp - 13-Jan-2016, 18:27
RE: Dirac and room correction software - by thumb5 - 07-Jan-2017, 23:38