Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dirac and room correction software
(08-Jan-2017, 11:19)thumb5 Wrote: Thanks SwissBear, that's a very helpful post.  To make sure I understand: time domain correction is the main difference between a full room correction approach and what you might call "just" equalisation.  So if I wanted to get rid of a couple of room modes and flatten out or tilt the frequency response that could be done with a wider range of software, but only the ones you list provide the time domain correction.  I saw in another thread that you used Acourate - is that still your choice?

Yes your reformulation is correct.

There might be other options I do not know of. The fact is that I tried and used the four options I recommended and can witness that all four work appropriately and provide accurate time domain correction.

As far as Acourate is concerned, I am still using it and I recommend it. But as I mentioned in the post you are referring to, I am also using REW/rePhase. I tend to have a small bias in favor of the latter, as it gives more freedom in terms of deciding what you want to correct and how you want to do it. But Acourate remains for me a very viable option, which offers, at a reasonable cost, a very professional correction both in the frequency and the time domain, without the hassle of the playback options of Dirac. As you are interested in Roon, HQPlayer probably is a good option to consider too. And HQPlayer makes a fantastic use of the impulses produced by Acourate (both are working in 64bits).

I have a µ-rendu connected to my Devialet through a Mutec MC-3+USB. Using HQPlayer to play the music to the µ-rendu is an absolutely great solution for me, as it allows me to embark the room correction as well.

Messages In This Thread
Dirac and room correction software - by Krisp - 13-Jan-2016, 18:27
RE: Dirac and room correction software - by SwissBear - 08-Jan-2017, 11:42