Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dirac and room correction software
Interesting recent interview with Mathias Johansson, CEO of Dirac:

Audioholics - Dirac

And this is a link to a technical description of Dirac Live

Dirac Live

I was a bit surprised by their recommendations for 'computer performance' I would have thought that higher performance would be required for real-time DSP and 24/192 source files? I haven't seen any reference to the use of multiple cores.

• Windows Vista, 7, 8
• Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard - 10.9 Mavericks
• Intel Pentium III or later, AMD Athlon XP or later (SSE required)
• 2 GB RAM or more

Dirac offer trial versions of their software for Mac or PC. Maybe I will try it if I have time over Christmas. EDIT - I see from Thumb5s posts above that it will work with AIR which is a surprise to me Smile

Looking at the changes in room response that Thumb5 measured I was a bit disappointed to be honest as there are still plenty of potential 'issues' (From the Audioholics article I can understand why this is the case). I understand that you can set up Dirac to work for only part of the frequency range - perhaps using it only below 200 Hz might be a sensible thing to try.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dirac and room correction software - by PhilP - 07-Dec-2014, 14:39
Dirac and room correction software - by Krisp - 13-Jan-2016, 18:27