Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red protection light on 200! Suggestions?
I was out of town for a week. When I returned, my Devialet 200 was not functioning, although it had played well before I left. The red protection light on the rear by the AC input is glowing solidly. The LED is dimly lit but there are no visible words. Neither the hand held remote control nor my android remote control operates through the 200.

I tried unplugging the power cord & replugging. No response- red light remains on with unfunctioning 200. Unplugged all connecting cords & re-connected. Still nothing. Turned off, pulled out SD card and turned on with no card. Same problem. Powered down, pulled SD card, put back in, turned on, same problem.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?
Thanks, Ken from the Pacific Northwest, USA
The red LEDs are permanently lit on my (working) 400. I had understood/assumed they were just "power on" indicators.

Obviously something is sadly amiss with your 200 but I don't think the red LED itself is a warning sign.

Sounds like you should contact your dealer and have the unit repaired under warranty. Hope you get it sorted quickly.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
I've just experienced this!   Unit totally dead, red LED on back panel only visible sign of life.   Sounds like it's off to the dealer for mine also.   
Auralic Aries G2 > Kii Control > Kii Audio 3 BXT
(15-Apr-2015, 20:29)ZincAlloy Wrote: I've just experienced this!   Unit totally dead, red LED on back panel only visible sign of life.   Sounds like it's off to the dealer for mine also.   
Seems like a few folks have had this total failure. Wonder if there's an issue they need to address on all products?

My dealer told me that Devialet no longer uses a manufacturers rep. Rather, they are now direct through New York.  As this is a new relationship/structure, I'm not sure that these can be repaired in North America.  They may need to be sent to France.  Hope it won't take long.
In the spirit of being absolutely no real help at all I offer the following - when I had this problem last year I I tried hard reset ( unplug and plug IEC power connector ) : then hard reset without any input cables attached (apparently this is how to jolt the amp out of protection mode), and also with and without the SD card.None of these worked for me.

My dealer had to send it off to France, it returned 5 weeks later but with absolutely no explanation as to why the problem had occurred or how to avoid it happening again.

I'm sure that I saw somewhere that you should remove and insert the IEC power plug and only then switch on from your wall supply, rather than just introduce a live power plug to the back of the Devialet.
(18-Apr-2015, 11:36)ovo Wrote: In the spirit of being absolutely no real help at all I offer the following - when I had this problem last year I I tried hard reset ( unplug and plug IEC power connector ) : then hard reset without any input cables attached (apparently this is how to jolt the amp out of protection mode), and also with and without the SD card.None of these worked for me.

My dealer had to send it off to France, it returned 5 weeks later but with absolutely no explanation as to why the problem had occurred or how to avoid it happening again.

I'm sure that I saw somewhere that you should remove and insert the IEC power plug and only then switch on from your wall supply, rather than just introduce a live power plug to the back of the Devialet.
Thanks ovo - that was helpful, in that I've just tried this, with no positive result.  A 5 week turnaround time doesn't exactly excite me, I have to say.  But looks like I've no choice,

ATB, Ken
(18-Apr-2015, 12:13)ZincAlloy Wrote:
(18-Apr-2015, 11:36)ovo Wrote: In the spirit of being absolutely no real help at all I offer the following - when I had this problem last year I I tried hard reset ( unplug and plug IEC power connector ) : then hard reset without any input cables attached (apparently this is how to jolt the amp out of protection mode), and also with and without the SD card.None of these worked for me.

Thanks ovo - that was helpful, in that I've just tried this, with no positive result.  A 5 week turnaround time doesn't exactly excite me, I have to say.  But looks like I've no choice,

ATB, Ken

Hi Ken,

I doubt very much whether it would be a 5 week turnaround. Absolute Sounds in London are able to carry out some repairs. 

Have you spoken to Devialet/AS yet?

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(18-Apr-2015, 12:16)GuillaumeB Wrote: I

ATB, Ken

Hi Ken,

I doubt very much whether it would be a 5 week turnaround. Absolute Sounds in London are able to carry out some repairs. 

Guillaume
Hi Guillaume - I've spoken to my dealer, Cloney Audio, who confirmed that the unit will be shipped back to Devialet via AS.  If AS can avoid doing this, excellent!  

ATB, Ken
(18-Apr-2015, 12:41)ZincAlloy Wrote:

ATB, Ken

Hi Ken,

Guillaume
Hi Guillaume - I've spoken to my dealer, Cloney Audio, who confirmed that the unit will be shipped back to Devialet via AS.  If AS can avoid doing this, excellent!  

ATB, Ken

I'll be seeing both Ricardo and Pedro this afternoon, want me to ask them about it? 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(18-Apr-2015, 13:01)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(18-Apr-2015, 12:41)ZincAlloy Wrote:

ATB, Ken

Hi Ken,

Guillaume

ATB, Ken

I'll be seeing both Ricardo and Pedro this afternoon, want me to ask them about it? 

Guillaume
Hi Guillaume - apologies, just picking by his up now.   Yes please, if you hsvent already seen them. 

ATB, Ken