Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could Phamtom work as a sub with a D Premier?
I'm not an owner of an expert system, only of 2 Phantoms. However, the Phantom conceptually works only with digital sources, and therefore introduces delays when sending signals over PCL, Ethernet, or Toslink. As such it will be very difficult to guarantee no or minimal delays between two independent systems. I tested Toslink input to Phantom in parallel with my old analog system and a slight echo can be heard between the two systems. The delay is small enough to sync video with audio, i.e. to use the Phantoms for watching movies, but not for synchronized audio reproduction. And I guess as owner of an expert system you would not accept phase shifts (constant or more likely even dynamically changing) in your acustic reproduction. With a Phantom as subwoofer let's say with a cut-off frequency of 100 Hz you could maybe tolerate a delay of 1ms, but not as an audiophile. And from the echo I got I guess that the delay that Phantom is generating is about 50-100ms when using the Toslink input from a Phantom. In my test the signal went from Phantom. to Dialog and then back to both Phantoms. I did not try and do not know if a single Phantom (without Dialog) produces less delays.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Could Phamtom work as a sub with a D Premier? - by streamy - 15-Apr-2015, 08:21